Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Banksy

This is a picture that can mean different things to different people. The man in this picture is simple, only depicted in black and white. To me he seems just like an ordinary citizen. I think this because of the baseball cap. If he had planned the attack, i would have assumed that he would have covered his whole face. He has covered part of his facnd his with what looks like a bandana, and his eyes are squinted. He is holding flowers and it looks like he is trying to through them. The flowers are brightly colored, unlike him, and they are depicted in great detail. I think that this man wanted got angry at something someone, who in my opinion was most likely making a speech, and wanted to through something that sent a message. To me, it's as if he's saying, "You want peace? Well you can forget about that!".


2 comments:

  1. i like the decription that you used, like decribing why you thought he was an ordinary citizen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like that last comment, about "you want peace? ..." But this is a really interesting interpretation, and I like how you're able to describe the actual picture.

    ReplyDelete